If you are currently going through Divorce proceedings you may be wondering what happens to the assets of the marriage. What will happen to the family home, your pension, your savings?

In the first instance one of the parties will make a referral to mediation to resolve financial matters. You will both have to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM) to see if matters can be resolved by mediation. If agreement cannot be reached then you will need to apply to the Court.

You need to issue an Application for Financial Remedy Proceedings with the Court and pay the appropriate fee of £255.

On receipt of the application the Court will list the matter for a First Hearing Dispute Resolution Appointment (FHDRA) and both parties will be required to attend.

The Court will direct that prior to the First Hearing both parties will be required to file a Form E (a concise financial Statement) with the Court and on the other party.

If matters are not agreed at the First Hearing the matter will be listed for a Dispute Resolution Appointment to give the parties a further opportunity to agree matters.

If matters are not agreed at the Second Hearing the matter will be listed for a Final Hearing where a Judge will hear evidence and then make a decision.


For fast, friendly affordable legal advice. Contact a member of our team today

Contact Us


For any questions, we may be able to answer, discover our FAQ section

Read More
Contact Us