Has your landlord failed to complete the repairs agreed

Has Your Landlord Failed To Complete The Repairs Agreed?

As a tenant you have the legal right to live in a safe and suitable property and free from any issues of housing disrepair.

Your Council or Housing Association has a legal obligation to repair your property and maintain it to a reasonable standard.

If you have previously claimed against your landlord but they are still failing to do the repairs that they have agreed to or which they have been ordered to make, then we can help.

You can bring a claim against your landlord once the deadline for completion, either via a settlement agreement or a court order, has expired.

While similar to a housing disrepair claim on the face of things, a repair breach claim is actually a claim for breach of contract.

If your landlord has committed to making repairs, either once you have involved a solicitor, or if ordered by the court, but still fails to do so by the agreed-upon date or to an agreed-upon standard, then you may be able to claim for breach of contract against your landlord.

A Repair Breach Claim is different to a Housing Disrepair Claim.

While the objective of both claim types is to ensure a landlord finally makes the much-needed repairs to a client’s property, the way this is done is different.

A housing disrepair claim is brought against a landlord who has failed to make repairs despite being asked by the tenant. The aim is to either convince or compel the landlord to make the repairs that they are legally obliged to make in order to offer safe and suitable housing.

A repair breach claim on the other hand is a breach of contract claim which can only occur after the landlord has already either agreed to make the repairs or been ordered to by the court. The breach of contract occurs when the landlord fails to do so within the agreed timeframe or to the agreed standard.

Repair breach claims often follow on from a housing disrepair claim.


Average Compensation - £1,895
We work on a NO WIN NO FEE basis
to get your home put right and to get you compensated!

How we can help you to Claim for Repair Breach

Our Team of Experts can help you with the following aspects:

  • You previously claimed against your landlord for housing disrepair and they have failed to deliver within the agreed timeframe and to the agreed standard.
  • Instruct a surveyor to assess the disrepair and provide a report to use as evidence.
  • If necessary, legally ensure your housing association or council completes all your repairs.
  • Claim compensation for you for the period of time your property has been in disrepair.

Our team has decades of combined experience in dealing with Housing Disrepair Claims. We are sympathetic, understanding, and are here to help you every step of the way.

Nicholson Jones Sutton Solicitors can usually handle Housing Disrepair Claims on a No Win No Fee basis.

Call or email us today to discuss your claim.


For fast, friendly affordable legal advice. Contact a member of our team today.


For any questions we may be able to answer, discover our FAQ section.

Contact Us